Healthy Life Chemistry By Purity First B-50: FDA Health Risk Warning – Undeclared Ingredients
[UPDATE 8/01/2013] – Purity First Health Products is recalling two lots of Healthy Life Chemistry B-50 (100 capsules), one lot of Healthy Life Chemistry Multi-Mineral (200 capsules) and all lot numbers for Healthy Life Chemistry Vitamin C (200 capsules). The B-50 capsules were found on testing by FDA to contain Methasterone (a schedule III controlled substance) and Dimethazine. Testing of the Multi-Mineral and Vitamin C capsules appear to indicate the presence of Dimethyltestosterone.
The following products are marketed as Dietary Supplements and are packaged in white plastic bottles:
• B-50, 100 capsule bottles, lot numbers F03Q and C02R
• Multi-Mineral, 200 capsule bottles, lot number 12-829
• Vitamin C, 200 capsule bottles, lot number E03Q
These recalled products were distributed nationwide via the internet, retail and through retail stores between July 2012
thru June 2013.
Immediately discontinue the use of this product and return it to the place of purchase.
Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA’s MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
- Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
Read the complete MedWatch Safety Alert, including a link to the Press Release, at: